to a new blog. Hope you will all still come and visit and don't forget to update your blog rolls/bloglines.
NEW BLOG ADDRESS
Friday, November 09, 2007
and a few of you are reminding me how slack I am, so without further ado here is an update LOL!
It has been so long since I blogged that I don't know what I have told you and what I haven't, so bare with me if I repeat anything.
So what's news?
- toilet training is STILL going and I am starting to think this darling little cherub will be in pull ups till she's 21. I am at my wits end so if anyone has any ideas PLEEEEEASE send them my way.
- Caitlin has been rehearsing for the whole school revue which will be held next Thursday. Her Prep/1 class is doing "The Whole Tooth and nothing but the Tooth" and she is a tooth fairy. Andrew and I along with my in laws are going to the matinee show and cause I couldn't get any more tickets I have ordered the DVD for my Mum and Dad.
- Caitlin is still really enjoying Gymnastics and Georgia is now starting to show some interest too so we might have to look into starting her next year.
- Renovations have come to a bit of a standstill at the moment but we have just been so busy lately that we haven't had any time.
- Pink Ribbon Day lunch at Wend's was a blast and we even managed to raise over $300, which is an amazing effort for 10 women (and four little girls). Wend gave a lovely speech to remind us all why we were there and having Dawn in the room made it all the more real.
- Last weekend was the Cup Day long weekend here in Melbourne and I was a dirty little stop out and hardly home the whole time PMSL. Friday night I went down to Linda Loo's for a Chef's toolbox Party and had a great night with the girls. Saturday Caitlin, Georgia and I picked Uncle Dunk and Aunty Wend up from the airport and came back to our place for a much needed catch up. Sunday Andrew the girls and I just hung out at home watching DVD's all days, a much needed rest day. Monday morning I was out the door at 8.30am for an Osteopath appointment (I had managed to put three vertebrae out in my neck the week before) before heading down to Scraptac for the Cup Eve Crop. To say I didn't get any scrapping done would be an understatement but I did manage to do some first grade fluffing (Kimmy you would be proud). Monday night I stayed at Linda's saving me a trip back again the next day for Joad's. It turned into a bit of a Mavis night with Wendy, Cara, Didi, Rach and Kimmy joining Linda and I for what turned into one very funny night.
- Tuesday (Cup Day) was Joad's birthday. Linda, Cara, Didi, Deb, Kimmy, Robbie and I went along as well as alot of Joad's family and friends. It was a great day and I don't think I have ever eaten that much food LOL, the Turkish bread and homemade dips were divine. Unfortunately I didn't do too well in the race and I am sure my horse is still running.
- The rest of this week has been spent lazying around at home. Andrew had the whole week off and it was just nice to hang out together at home...we don't get to do that very often. It's all over now though as he has gone back to work tonight and is working all weekend.
Before I go though I do have a few shout outs;
- Sending all my good thoughts and vibes out to K and her family and hoping that M has a very speedy recovery.
- Duncan...this is notice to you that you are not allowed to take Wend out of the state ever again LOL! God I missed you Wend...welcome home.
- Shazza, Shazza, Shazza! Worse case scenario, you will only be preggers for 3 more sleeps. Thinking of you gorgeous and can't wait to meet this much anticipated little baby Mavis.
- Lastly, a huge CONGRATULATIONS to the very talented Kimmy Ogden who has been announced as an Elite Team Member for 2008. How you managed to keep that a secret from us I'll never know PMSL but it is so truly deserved and I am absolutely thrilled for you. Couldn't have happened to a more genuine and talented chook as you! Well Done Kimmy.
Posted by Ange at 6:05 pm
Monday, October 15, 2007
life has just been hectic...silly season has started early for the Warren's. So what's news you ask? Here's a brief run down.
- Grand Final Day was spent scrapping away at Scraptacular's Sensational Saturday. I had a great day catching up with the girls and even managed to complete 6 LO's which would be a record for me LOL! I also entered an album I made into the Escapetacular Challenge and won...WOOHOO...a $50 voucher to spend on scrap supplies in my fav shop, that has to be good!
- School holidays finally finished and life has gone back to normal. I do love having the kids home and spending time with them, just wish they enjoyed spending time together too!
- Caitlin started Gymnastics last Wednesday and I don't think I have ever seen her enjoy something as much as this. She loved it every single minute of it and was a real natural. She's counting down the days till this Wednesday night.
- Toilet training is still going along at a snail's pace with Georgia, but as they say all good things come to those who wait!...and I'm being very patient.
- I decided last week that I wanted a part-time job and found one with hours that just seemed too perfect. Anyways, I applied and two days later I had the job. They must have been desperate LOL! Anyway I am now working for Australian Air Express and will be based in Bourke Street until they relocate in January to...wait for it...Tullamarine! Anyway I will be working Mon-Fri 7pm -11pm which means no childcare or babysitting required for the girls.
- Saturday I worked at Paperific for Karen from KSK. WOW talk about crazy. There were people everywhere. I really enjoyed it and even managed to have a little bit of a shop towards the end of the day. I got some acrylic stamps to add to my collection and I also came home with a new baby...a bind-it-all! I can't wait to find some time and have a play.
- Saturday night I had my cousin Jarrod's engagement party. Jarrod and Kylie are such a gorgeous couple and it was so nice to be a part of their special night. I was completed exhausted after working all day and so was Andrew so it wasn't long before we were heading home and looking forward to sleep-in as the kids were staying at his Mum and Dad's for the night.
- Sunday after our huge sleep-in we went down the road to Lazy Moe's for a late breakie. Bacon and Eggs and the biggest glass of Apple juice and I was ready to face the day...not that we ended up doing too much LOL!
Well that's about it for me today! Hope everyone has a nice relaxing week planned...sure know I do LOL!
Posted by Ange at 10:55 am
Thursday, September 27, 2007
till the school holidays are finished...I am well and truly over them already LOL!
My girls are no angels but usually they get along pretty well with just the occasional fight but it seems that all I have done for the last five days is referee the constant spats. I guess they just aren't use to spending so much time together. I have tried occupying them with a mountain of activities and just when I think I have found a solution the fight begins...it's my turn now...you've been doing such and such for too long...but Mummy I want to play with that! ARGH!!!! One more day to go. My poor Mum has them for the day on Saturday while I escape to Scraptacular for Sensational and then as of Sunday Andrew is officially on holidays for a week. My sweet adorable hubby asked me last night what I had planned for us next week...PMSL...I told him that I was going out Sunday night and would come home at the end of the week so him and the girls could do what they liked.
In other news our renovations are almost complete. Christian and Ben were here this morning to finish off the pergola (now all it needs is a roof) and early next week we have the Mario Brothers here to finish putting the plaster on the roof of the rumpus room. Then all we need to do inside is paint (and lots of it) and then hopefully over the Christmas holidays we will have the concrete poured under the pergola and the roof put on! I'll be so glad when it's done especially knowing that we have a few years off before we begin again with an upstairs extension LOL!
Well that seems to be my time up. The girls are now fighting over who's cup is who's so I better go deal with that.
Hope everyone else is having a good week.
Posted by Ange at 10:47 am
Wednesday, September 26, 2007
and it cracked me up, so I had to try it for myself.
1. YOUR ROCK STAR NAME: (first pet & current car) Pinky Holden
2.YOUR GANGSTA NAME: (fave ice cream flavor, favorite cookie) Banana Mint Slice
3. YOUR “FLY Guy/Girl” NAME: (first initial of first name, first three letters of your last name) A-War
4. YOUR DETECTIVE NAME: (favorite color, favorite animal) Green Cow
5. YOUR SOAP OPERA NAME: (middle name, city where you were born), Patricia Melbourne
6. YOUR STAR WARS NAME: (the first 3 letters of your last name, first 3 letters of your first) Warang
7. SUPERHERO NAME: (”The” + 2nd favorite color, favorite drink), The Red Coke Zero
8. NASCAR NAME: (the first names of your grandfathers) Bernard Alan
9. STRIPPER NAME: ( the name of your favorite perfume/cologne/scent, favorite chocolate bar) Alure Peppermint Crisp
10.WITNESS PROTECTION NAME: (mother’s & father’s middle names ) Mary Michael
11. TV WEATHER ANCHOR NAME: (Your 5th grade teacher’s last name, a major city that starts with the same letter) Hansford Houston
12. SPY NAME: (your favorite season/holiday, flower). Winter Tulip
13. CARTOON NAME: (favorite fruit, article of clothing you’re wearing right now + “ie” or “y”) Banana Crocsy
14. HIPPY NAME: (What you ate for breakfast, your favorite tree), Raisin Toast Oak
15. YOUR ROCKSTAR TOUR NAME: (”The” + Your fave hobby/craft, fave weather element + “Tour”),The Scrapbook Rain Storm Tour
Posted by Ange at 8:43 pm
Sunday, September 23, 2007
whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa! (Ok so raise your hand if you have just seen a glimpse of a Tom Jones doco on Foxtel)
Anyway it about 2.10am and I should so be in bed so I'll make this quick.
- I have been meaning to say Congratulations to my cousin Jarrod and Kylie for a couple of weeks now. They recently got engaged and will be having their engagement party next month. I am so thrilled for them...they're a gorgeous couple.
- In other cousin news, my cousin Fliss and her boyfriend Tony bought a house today. Woohoo! And even better they have bought in Ascot Vale so only 10 minutes away. Caitlin was so adorable when I told her that Aunty Fliss and Tony had bought a house...she asked when she would be able to call Tony Uncle Tony? I told her I thought Tony would love that so Uncle Tony it is!
- School holidays have officially started and I am looking forward to a few sleep-ins. My girls love their sleep and I usually have to wake them for school every morning. We haven't got a huge deal planned for the first week but Andrew has the second week off so no doubt we will be busy then.
- Geelong has made it to the AFL Grand Final and to say I am excited would be an understatement. Being a Richmond fan hasn't left me with much to be excited about this season, so with the Cats being my second fav team at least there is hope. I am a little biased as my gorgeous god-sister Lauren is the girlfriend of Gary Ablett Jnr. Go Gazza!
- A friend completely freaked me out today when she told me that there is only 12 weeks left until Christmas...where the bloody hell has this year gone? (Bugger will probably go to hell just for saying that!)
- I had a bit of a run in with the law tonight PMSL! I was heading out to pick up Karen and Alan from Royal Melbourne hospital when I was pulled over by the police. Apparently I had driven straight through a stop sign...well more like treated it as a give way sign. Anyway I managed to put on the charm and due to my impeccable driving record he let me off with a warning. Gotta love when your car is in hubby's name and that any time you receive a speeding fine in the mail HE automatically looses the points LOL!
Well that's it for me for tonight. Hope everyone has been having a good weekend!
Posted by Ange at 1:32 am
Friday, September 21, 2007
Monday, September 17, 2007
Well it seems the silly season has started awfully early for us this year as the diary is quickly filling up.
I had a fairly busy weekend with spring cleaning the house (still trying to get that finished) a trivia night on Saturday and a photo shoot in the city on Sunday.
Tonight is my last night for my photography course and I ma pleased to say that I can now actually use my Canon 350D on manual settings.
Toilet training is still going well with only a couple of accidents in the last couple of days and we have completely abondoned the potty and using the toilet all the time.
Last week of term four and at the moment I ma looking forward to school holidays. Andrew is having the second week off so the girls will be thrilled having him home. We haven't organised to do anything yet although Caitlin has asked if we can go swimming so we might just have to do that. We had Parent Teacher interviews last week and Caitlin is our little superstar. She is at Level 7 for her reading (Preps should be at Level 5 by the end of the school year)and she blitzed her maths test getting the second highest score for her class (including the grade 1's). Her spelling is also exceptional and overall her teacher thinks she is just a delight. Mummy and Daddy were extremely proud.
This Sunday I have my cousins Michaela, Felicity, Jarrod and Emma, along with their partners Justin, Tony, Kylie and Stuart coming over for a BBQ lunch. I'm really looking forward to catching up with the gang as we always have a ball.
Well that's all I can think of at the moment. Hope everyone has a great week.
Posted by Ange at 11:16 am
Friday, September 14, 2007
As many of you know I have been struggling with the whole toilet training thing with Georgia although in the last two or so weeks she has started to show some interest. We figured out that she was a little frightened of the toilet so we bought a whizz bang potty that looks just like a toilet and even has a flushing sound and at least once a day she will use it without being asked to. Then earlier this week she went to my Mum's place for the day and of course potty went too. We did remember to bring it home but Andrew had left it in the boot of his car, so Georgia started using the toilet (with a toddler seat). Anyway getting to my proud Mummy moment...tonight I put the girls to bed and had the usual struggle with Georgia about having to put a nappy on! Twenty five minutes later I could still hear them chatting away to each other, but they were both in their beds so I let them go. Next thing I hear the bedroom door open and ask who's out of bed? Caitlin yelled back something about doing wees so I just presumed she wanted to go to the toilet. Before I know it I see Georgia heading to the toilet and asking me to help her with her nappy...WOOHOO...she did wees! She was so proud of herself and so was Mummy. I told her that she had to put her nappy back on just in case and she was fine with it as long as she could wear undies all day tomorrow (she'll make a great politician this kid)!
That's it for me today. I have a trivia night tomorrow night with Wend and Dunk and some other friends, which I'm really looking forward to and then Sunday I'm thinking of heading into Fed Square to take some photos that I need to do for homework (Photography Course).
Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Posted by Ange at 8:59 pm
Monday, September 10, 2007
I have just had the most amazing weekend with the greatest bunch of girls! I haven't laughed that much or scrapped that little in one weekend ever LOL! Julie and the girls from Scraptacular put together one fantastic jammed packed event and deserve huge kudos.
I got to spend time with two of my favourite people, my roomies Wendy and Kylie and also make so many wonderful new friends. Being a relative newcomer to Scraptac I was blown away by how welcoming all the girls were and would be proud to call all of them friends.
Friday night Wend, Kylie and I went to LaPorchetta for a quick bite to eat before heading back to the scrap room where I managed to finish off my tags and make a start on my castle book. I climbed into bed at about 2.30am but not before Wend made sure I had a glass of water and box of tissues beside the bed, had taken my medication and strepsil and tucked me in LOL!
Saturday morning started with bacon and eggs for breakie and then Rach and I took Kim from BrisVegas for a drive down to Mornington and ended up at Mills Beach so Kim could take some pics of the boat houses. Got back in time for lunch, finished off my Castle Book and then I had to head upstairs for a Nanna Nap as my cold was catching up with me. Wend came up and woke me up at about 5.30pm and was almost turning herself inside out with excitement as her beloved Hawks had just beaten the Crows by 3 points. Wend, Kylie and I then got all our Bollywood Bling on and headed down for dinner where we were treated to a vist from Her Royal Highness and Dame Edna just to name a few LOL! Geez I laughed a lot on Saturday night. Back up in the crop room I managed to complete my first LO for the weekend and then went off to be around 2.30am.
Bacon and eggs for breakie again (gotta love when you don't have to make your own) and then some more scrapping. The very talented Kimmie put together a slide show of the weekends photos and then showed us all...it was 'fueking awesome'. The rest of the afternoon was filled with silent auctions, raffles and games and together we raised over $1300 for the Make a Wish Foundation. Before I knew it it was time to swap tags and start the mammoth task of packing up. It always seems to go too fast! I'm already looking forward to next year.
Love you all sick!
Even though I dragged my camera along with me I didn't take a single photo PMSL! Not to worry though as Kim took care of that. As soon as I get a copy I will post some pics...or you can just check out Kim's blog!
Posted by Ange at 10:38 am
Wednesday, September 05, 2007
cause I have a shitload of stuff to get done before I go to Escapetacular (WOOHOO only 2 more sleeps). And just because it had to happen and I am full of the flu so I am off for a date with Mr Lemsip and then a Nanna nap! See you all next week.
Posted by Ange at 11:18 am
Thursday, August 30, 2007
This weekly blogging thing seems to be becoming a regular thing with me...better weekly than not at all I guess?
So what has happened since last Thursday? Heaps actually...it's been a busy week.
Saturday was my FIL's 65th Surprise Birthday Party and YES it was a surprise, he had no idea. He had such a great day catching up with family and friends and so did we. I go to have such a baby fix with four new baby's in the family within the last 10 months and I hadn't seen any of them until Saturday. Ella (10 months), Oscar (8 months) and Sam (6 months) were all adorable but little Miss Abbie (all of 11 weeks) was just divine, like a little china doll and I could have cuddled her all day.
Once over my cluckiness I did manage to get my brother-in-law to take some photos of Andrew and I and the girls...and they turned out pretty good.
Sunday Andrew and I took the girls to have a look at a display home (yes he is back onto the selling and building thing again) and then took them to this great park they have built at this new estate. It was a great park and the girls thought they had discovered Eden, which I had have my camera.
Speaking of my camera, I have started the Photography course that Mum and Dad payed for for my birthday. Monday nights are two hours of complete bliss and I ma only kicking myself that I didn't do it sooner. It is so good to understand everything about shutter speed and aperture and to be able to actually use my DigiSLR on manual setting rather than just automatic.
Tuesday Georgia and I headed over to Aunty Wendy's place for lunch with the girls. Besides Wendy and I, Sim Kylie and Jo were there too together with the little girls. Five little girls aged between 3 and 5 and all well behaved...who would have thought LOL?
Wednesday was my FIL's actual birthday so we headed over there for dinner and let me just tell you that 5 little girls is a hell of a lot better than 3 kids and 2 dogs.
Today I had my baby cousin Emma over (she's 25 so not quite a baby anymore) and we did some hopping at Westfield, had some lunch and then picked Caitlin up from school. Em is sooooo good with the girls and the jumped all over her for hours. She stayed for tea and we had David, Kirsty and Ethan over for dinner too to celebrate Andrew's birthday (which is this Saturday).
Tomorrow Mum and I have a funeral to go to and then I have the Mavis Party at Scraptacular. Next week I think I will just hibernate LOL!
If you have lasted till now I hope you have had a good week and have an even better weekend.
Oh and only a week to go until Scraptacular's weekend away...I can't wait!
Posted by Ange at 10:00 pm
Thursday, August 23, 2007
Can't believe that a week has passed since I last blogged...it seriously only feels like yesterday.
Thank you to everyone who left a comment, called or emailed me to wish Andrew and I a Happy Anniversary. We didn't get to do anything as Andrew was working to 10pm but he did surprise me with a beautiful bunch of flowers that were delivered during the day.
Since last Friday it's been busy busy here. Saturday was the exception though as the girls and I just bummed around at home. Sunday Mum picked Caitlin up and took her to the farm (Castlemaine) to pick up an old school desk that Aunty Kate has done up for her. Just after they left here Dunk and Wendy called in on their way home from Woodend. Andrew, Gigi and I took Dunk up to the Airplane Viewing car park up at the back of the airport as it is something he has wanted to do for a long time. I don't know who was more excited...Dunk getting to watch the planes fly right over the top of us or Gigi who sat in the boot of Daddy's car eating the soft serve that Uncle Dunk had bought for her.
Monday and Tuesday was spent doing house work and getting on top of the washing that I didn't do over the weekend. Yesterday Georgia had kinda so I thought I would race home and quickly vac the rumpus room (the only room in our house that has carpet) and then sit down and scrap before having to go back and pick her up in three hours time. Well things didn't go quite according to plan. I plugged the vac in to the power point and turned it on, but all I got was a heap of sparks flying out of the vac followed by a mass of smoke. Now I now it is only a vacuum cleaner, but I love this thing and he even had a name...Bertie Bosch! Berite cost me just over $600 about 2 years ago and I have loved him ever since. So on the phone I get to Muirs (where we bought it from) who give me the number for Bosch. I call Bosch who then give me the number for our local Bosch repairer, who tells me that his wife is on holidays and she makes all the appointments so can I call back in 2 weeks. 2 weeks...does this man understand the amount of crap that can accumulate on one's rumpus room floor when you have 2 kids and a dog? I can't wait 2 weeks...that's insane. So for the time being I have borrowed and old vac from my mother in-law that is probably the great-great-great-great grandfather of Bertie Bosch and hence has the power that you would expect from and 100 year old plus man...NONE!
Looks like Bertie is on his way to heaven and I am in search of a new best friend.
In better news my brand spanking new treadmill arrived yesterday and in the tradition of naming things in this house we have called him Jethro. I LURVE Jethro in all his newness and shininess and he was a nice end to an otherwise bad day.
That's it for me for today. I have my FIL's surprise 65th birthday party on Saturday and finally get to see two new bubba's (Oscar and Ella). Hope everyone is having a good week. Till next time....
RIP Berty Bosch!
Posted by Ange at 2:19 pm
Friday, August 17, 2007
Monday, August 13, 2007
I have created a LO slide thingy over there on the right hand side because Shazza wanted one LOL.
A pretty good weekend here. Saturday the girls and I just hung out at home and I gave the house a bit of a spruce. Watched my fav show on Foxtel (Extreme Makeover: Home Edition) and bawled my eyes out, the sook that I am, and then just surfed the net. Finally decided to pack my tote around 11pm and found some old MM paper that I loved, so I scrapped a LO!
Sunday morning I was up bright and early and headed down to Scraptacular in Mentone for Sensational Sunday. There was only the six of us, Wendy, Shazza, Linda, Mardi, Cara and myself as well as Julie but we still managed to have a really nice day. I only got two layouts done but I did accomplish a lot of chit chat PMSL!
I got home around 6ish, cooked spag bol for tea, bawled for the second time this week watching 60 Minutes and got stuff ready for school today. And just to top my day off, my gorgeous hubby decided to but me the treadmill I had been dreaming of. It is so going to help me to loose weight and I think I am just going to bust waiting for it to arrive.
Well that's it for me for today, Mum's on her way over for lunch so I had better get ready.
Have a good week everyone.
Posted by Ange at 11:47 am
Wednesday, August 08, 2007
you've gotta love when you get to celebrate your birthday over a couple of days LOL
Thank you to everyone that called, texted, emailed etc for my birthday yesterday, you really know how to make a girl feel special. I had a lovely day with Andrew and Gigi and then had the yummiest dinner at my Ma & Pa's place last night...I even got to see both my godparents in the same day.
One of the loveliest surprises I got was coming home to find the most divine bunch of roses sitting on my front door step. Thank you to Kass, Michael, Sunny and Elvis for really putting a smile on my face. I've taken some pics of a few of the goodies I received but am charging the camera battery at the moment so they will have to wait till later.
Andrew and the girls have payed for me to go on the Scraptacular Weekend Getaway and gave me a hep of moollah to spend on scrapping YAY! Mum and Dad have payed for me to do a photography course (starts August 20) at CAE and also gave me the cutest red accessories for my laundry...a tin peg bucket as well as a tin for my laundry detergent and I got some more money from my Uncle Bob aka TWGGF (the world's greatest god father as he likes to be known LOL).
As I was saying earlier the celebrations continue today with lunch with the gorgeous Miss Wendy and then dinner at my MIL & FIL's tonight with my BIL, SIL and gorgeous nephew Ethan.
Speaking of lunch I had better start getting ready.
Hope everyone has a good day (I know I will) LOL!
Posted by Ange at 9:16 am
Monday, August 06, 2007
and I'm really not too bothered about it even though Andrew keeps reminding it's closer to 40 that 31 was (cheeky bugger).
Anyway have been pretty busy around here last week with heaps going on at school, kinda and childcare. Toilet training is still a work in progress although Gigi did use the toilet twice today (the first sitting took 40 minutes and the second an hour LOL)!
We finally got to go up to the farm and see all the new kids (baby goats) and because two have been rejected by their mothers, the girls got to bottle feed them. As you can image the girls fell in love with Mozart (brown) and Puccini (brown & white) and I took a heap of photos, with this one being my favourite.
My cousin Felicity came home from six weeks in Italy with her boyfriend Tony, so last night we got to see all her photos...just makes me wish I was there too!
Have managed to do a little scrapping lately too but have only scanned one...will have to scan the others later.
Well that's it for me for today. I have finished reading Harry Potter and am a little sad that it is now all over and with Big Brother finished too I'm feeling a little lost...maybe I'll manage to get all those LO's and BTP's that are floating around in my head done...fingers crossed.
Oh I forgot to mention too that I have rejoined Weight Watchers and lost 1.7kg in my first week. WOOHOO! Weigh in day is Wednesday so wish me luck.
Danielle (Cherubsrule) can you send me your postal addy so I can organise your pay it forward gift (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Posted by Ange at 3:40 pm
Wednesday, August 01, 2007
Edited to say: Congrats to Danielle, Megan and Melissa. I'll email you all shortly to get your addresses. Don't forget to pay it forward!
A little break from programming (otherwise known as reading the latest Harry Potter book).
I was blog surfing earlier today and noticed this on Kim Archer's blog. I left a comment and was one of the lucky three so now it's my turn. It's all bout paying it forward. The first three people to leave a comment after this post will receive a little gift from me. Now I know I'm no Kim Archer LOL so hopefully there are three of you out there willing to take a punt on me. Anyway, if you are one of the first three to leave a comment I will, as I said send send you a little handmade gift. I have 365 days to make my gift and get it to you (I've already started so it won't be that long) and all you have to do is the same thing on your blog...Pay it forward to another three people out there in the www. So go on leave me a comment and I will email you for your address details and send you your gift.
Returning to normal programming...3/4 of the way through so hopefully I'll finish tonight!
Posted by Ange at 5:05 pm
Monday, July 30, 2007
WOOHOO! I am so excited that Aleisha won Big Brother, for a while there I thought Zach was going to get it. The announcement was a bit of a anti-climax though with having to wait so long to count the votes, but I was thrilled non the less.
My weekend away with the girls was lovely even if I did only get three LO's done LOL! It was so nice just to be away from the world and I couldn't think of a better place than been hidden away in the Dandenong Ranges. Thanks to Karen we were kept completely warm with blazing fires (I couldn't light a fire if my life depended on it) and my Mumma made the yummiest beef and veggie pie I have ever eaten. Unfortunately I didn't get my camera out once the whole time we were there so I have no photos, must remember to do that next time.
While I was away Caitlin lost her second front tooth and looks as adorable as ever. Gigi still isn't using the toilet so if anyone has any suggestions that could help me out it it would be hugely appreciated.
Now that BB is over and there is still six days before my next addiction begins (Australian Idol) I am immersing myself in the latest Harry Potter book, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, so I will be MIA for the next few days.
Have a good week everyone!
Posted by Ange at 10:06 pm
Monday, July 23, 2007
Nothing really exciting to tell you today. Mum and I went furniture shopping today, looking for a new tall boy for the girls room and I think I have found the perfect one.
Pretty quite weekend just past, although Saturday night I did go to my friend Karen's place for a bit of scrapping, which was great. Sunday Andrew and Alan continued with the renovations and I am pleased to say that we no longer have any vinyl wood panelling left on any wall or roof surface LOL. Sunday night was of course eviction night on BB and while I picked Zoran to go I was a little surprised with Joel leaving. Aleisha is still there though and I am still convinced that she has got it in the bag. Can't wait to see what happens this week.
Speaking of this week I don't have anything major on which is a nice change. I need to do some supermarket shopping tomorrow and have my first Weight Watchers meeting on Wednesday night...wish me luck.
The end of the week is where things get exciting. My mum, my girlfriend Karen and I are heading up to my Uncle's cabin in the Dandenongs for a scrapping weekend. I so can't wait. Saturday I am picking the gorgeous Miss Wendy up too so she can spend the day with us. It will be so nice to just sit and scrap and hangout and I might even manage a sleep in or two LOL!
Well that's it for me...so much for a short post PMSL!
Have a good week everyone.
Posted by Ange at 4:12 pm
Friday, July 20, 2007
Ok, so I have been promising some pics for quite awhile now so I though it was about time. Before I do though I'll give you an update.
* Big Brother 07...yes I am still completely addicted and getting very excited that we are nearing the big finale. I really want Aleisha to win and I think it might be Billy, Aleisha and Travis as the final three.
* School holidays...were a total blur for us as we spent the entire two weeks with the flu, all four of us and we even managed to share the love by getting my Mum and Dad sick as well as Andrew's parent. Sharing is caring isn't it?
* Michaela & Justin's Engagement Party...my cousin Mich is the most gorgeous person and she has find Mr Perfect! Mick and Juzzy's party was great and a nice treat for Andrew and I, can't remember the last time we went out with adults and no kids LOL. I was under strict instructions from Miss Wendy to take a heap of photos and I even remembered to lug my camera along with me. As for photos, well I didn't get that far so I made Andrew take a photo of me when we go home in the wee hours of the morning and then I took one of him. So Miss Wend, here are your photos LOL
Ebony...so many of you have asked me lately how Ebony is after being hit by a car last December. Can you believe that it was 7 months ago? Well I am please to report that she is fantastic, pretty much back to 100%. Her leg seems to go a little limp whenever she jumps up onto the couch but if you didn't know then you wouldn't notice. The vet says it's because she fractured her pelvis and she has a little bit of nerve damage, so at least she isn't in any pain. Here's a pic of my beautiful furbuba.
* And here are some more pics for Aunty Wend & Uncle Dunk...Caitlin's 6th Birthday!
I know I still owe some LO's but my scrap room is such a mess I can't even get in the door so I will have to scan them another day. I also need to upload some photos of all the work Alan has done around the house. I have walls and cornice's as well as grout thanks to Andrew's dad. The renovations are actually starting to make this place look like a house...who would have thought?
Anyway, that's it from me. Hope everyone has a great weekend.
Posted by Ange at 9:25 pm
Sunday, July 15, 2007
Bec has tagged me, so here goes;
My roommate and I once: had the police called on us because our neighbour though we were burglars...we were just drunk and had both left our keys at home!
Never in my life have I: eaten brussel sprouts
High school was : nearly 15 years ago...wow i feel old
When I'm nervous : bite my bottom lip
My hair : is a daily struggle with friz
When I was 5 : i was lucky enough to go to Disneyland
When I turn my head left : i'm looking at my loungeroom wall
I should be : making lunches for school tomorrow
By this time next year : I hope to have given up smoking
My favorite aunt is : I only have three so it's too hard to pick just one
I have a hard time understanding : why anyone would choose to jump out of a perfectly good airplane
You know I like you if : I call you back
My ideal breakfast is : a cup of coffee and toast with butter and promite
If you visit my home town : you most likely will have just gotten off a plane
If you spend the night at my house : you'll be looking for the nearest exit LOL
My Favorite blonde is : without a doubt...my mum
My favorite brunette is : ??? I'll have to think about this one
The animal I would like to see flying besides birds : pigs???
I shouldn't have been : so sick these school holidays
Last night I: got to go out with Andrew minus the girls...felt strange LOL
A better name for me would be : Anne...whenever I say Ange on the phone people think I am saying Anne
I've been told I look like : my dad
If I could have any car, it would be: a black BMW X5 (a girl can dream can't she?)
I'll tag Wendy, Kass, Tania & Trish
Posted by Ange at 9:14 pm
Tuesday, July 10, 2007
I have a heap of photos to edit and LO's to scan and am hoping to get around to doing that tomorrow. Just thought I would drop in and say a big thank you to everyone who sent birthday wishes to my big girl on her 6th birthday. She had a great day...but more about that later. I am also in the process of giving the ol' blog a bit of a spruce, so bare with me.
I'll leave you with a pic of the birthday girl.
Posted by Ange at 10:37 pm
Friday, July 06, 2007
do some food shopping! With the kids on school holidays they have eaten me out of house and hold.
Had a pretty good day today. Caitlin has been at my girlfriend Bec's place today playing with Melody. Caitlin and Mellie are only a week a part and because they aren't able to see each other for their birthdays we decided to let them spend the whole day together today. Gig and I just had a nice lazy day watching DVD's and eating yummy pumpkin soup...just what the doctor ordered seeing as Georgia is now completely full of the flu.
Mum and Dad called in today after they had been shopping at Pumpkin Patch. They really should be banned LOL but they did buy Georgia the most adorable outfit for her to wear to her sisters party on Sunday (Caitlin will also get one as part of her present on Sunday). I'll make sure I take a heap of photos!
Well I had better go and get Gigi into her PJ's and give her some medicine before putting her to bed. FNL is on tonight so that will take up most of my night and then I might do some more sewing...I have a nice little menagerie of felt toys growing here.
Thanks you to everyone who has sent Caitlin birthday wishes for her 6th Birthday on Sunday!
Hope everyone has a great weekend. Stay warm.
Posted by Ange at 5:59 pm
Thursday, July 05, 2007
I had indeed last night. I left home around 11.20pm thinking I would sit in the car for a while and sort my shopping list out...that didn't happen LOL. When I got there there were already about 25 women standing in line so I ended up standing in the freezing cold for about 40 minutes waiting for the doors to open. Everyone in front of me headed for the big items (like swings set etc) and to the audio department for Playstations, Wii's etc so I ended up being the first one to get to the toy department. It wasn't as crazy as I thought it would be but I still headed to the cars isle first so I could get my hands on Lightning McQueen and friends before they ran out the door. I then managed to fill my trolley to the brim with a huge wooden doll house, anything to do with the Littlest Pet Shop and the new Barbie Fairytopia Rainbow, Fisher Price stuff for my nephew, Mr Potato Head and family, a baby doll and heaps of accessories as well as a heap of playdoh stuff...PHEW! Then I headed for the Layby queue and was told by a staff member that it would be about a 2-3 hour wait...BUGGER! Then I remembered that when I first walked in they made an announcement that if you had a layby card you could out it through at one of the registers. When I get over there they are empty...no one around...COOL! So I unload my trolley and set about getting my card out as the cashier is scanning my items only to discover that I can't find my card...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! The lively cashier told me not to worry as she would just issue me a new one! YIPPEE! All my shopping done and I am home but 1.10am! Very successful indeed!
That's it for me today. I must remember to take some pics of all my little felt creations that I have been making over the last week. Off to do some scrapping now!
Oh and thanks to everyone who has called, emailed or left comments about the girls. They are both doing much better and it looks like we will have a more enjoyable second week of school holidays.
Posted by Ange at 1:07 pm
Wednesday, July 04, 2007
that kids always get sick on school holidays? I took Caitlin to the doctor's yesterdays because she had this shocking cough and although she was given antibiotics they really hadn't kicked in last night, so she had a shocker. At 2am she ended up in our bed with Andrew and I got into her bed. I only lasted half an hour (note to self...Caitlin desperately needs a new mattress) before I grabbed a doona and a pillow and headed for the couch. Just as I was starting to drift off Georgia woke up crying...CROUP...bugger me. Needless to say I got no more than an hours sleep and have had a very lazy day lying on the couch. I've watched a little BB on live streaming, blog hopped, done some wish list scrap shopping, drooled over bedroom furniture at Pottery Barn for Kids (thank god the don't do International delivery) and went looking for some felt toy inspiration. Fairly productive work form the couch I say LOL!
When Andrew gets home from work I am going to go and have a little snooze and then I am heading to the Kmart Toy Sale at midnight. With Cailtin's 6th Birthday on Sunday it is perfect timing and I may even put a few things away on layby for Christmas.
Well that's it for another day. Hope everyone is enjoying the school holidays!
I've noticed that I am getting quite a few hits here a day, so don't be shy and leave me a comment saying hi!
Posted by Ange at 3:41 pm
Tuesday, July 03, 2007
so I decided to blog again. The girls are happily glued to the TV in the rumpus room watching Shrek 3, so it is fairly quite here (for the time being). I have had a productive morning and am pleased to say that all my housework is done. I've also spoken to Kass, who is in Vancouver and she sounds great. She is looking forward to coming home and will arrive back in Melbourne on Thursday morning.
This morning I also decided that Gigi and I would have a real good crack at this toilet training thing and while she is extremely excited about wearing undies, I have already had to clean one pair of pants with poo in them and another pair full of wees...oh the joys of toilet training.
Last night I completed Janelle Wind's Felt Folio class that is available on Kim Archer's web site and am absolutely thrilled with the result. Who knew I could sew LOL! I am so going to Spotlight tomorrow to get some more supplies so I can make a few more. I am also going to give this chooky a go after seeing it on Rach's blog.
Well that's it for me for today...I'll leave you with my Loves and Loathes list...
*my best friend being in hospital and feeling useless that I can't do anything
*deciding what to cook for tea
*being out of Kraft CS right in the middle of a project
*a clean house
*Kim Archer's online classes
*Big Brother Live Streaming
Posted by Ange at 12:22 pm
Monday, July 02, 2007
Friday night a couple of the girls came over for a scrap, but not before we of course watched Friday Night Games. I sooo thought Joel was going to win LOL!
Saturday Alan was here again doing some more plastering and the girls and I just hung out. I managed to finally get around to making some pumpkin soup and this time tried making it in the crock pot...very good indeed if I say so myself.
Another relaxing day today after quite a big sleep in. Andrew has a shocking cough at the moment so I didn't get much sleep. Alan and Andrew did some more work around the house today and I almost have down lights in my kitchen...there in just not connected yet LOL.
Not a very exciting weekend but nice and relaxing just the same.
School holidays officially start here in Victoria tomorrow and I am looking forward to not having to rush around in the mornings. The girls, my Mum and I are off to do a little furniture shopping tomorrow. Andrew and I need a new tall boy and bedside tables for our bedroom, so fingers crossed that I find just what I want.
As far as the rest of the week is concerned I'm not too sure what we will get up to yet. Caitlin wants to make some cookies and would also like me to make some playdoh. Georgia wants to do some painting and some drawing, so that should keep us busy for a day or two LOL.
Sunday will see us celebrating Caitlin's 6th birthday. I can't believe she will be six. She is having a party with all her school friends on Sunday afternoon and then Nanny & Pa will be here for dinner Sunday night. We usually have her godparents here as well but Uncle Sean is somewhere in Europe and Aunty Fliss is is Italy with Tony.
That's it for me for now...I'm just about to watch a bit of the Diana Concert on Foxtel before heading off to bed.
Hope everyone has a good week.
Posted by Ange at 12:11 am
Friday, June 22, 2007
Billy has been robbed! I so wanted him to win FNL tonight and in all honesty i think he did, only that he couldn't keep the tripe down...poor baby! Daniela is just going to do my head in over this although taking Michelle into the rewards room is punishment enough for me LOL!
OK off my soap box now and returning to normal viewing!
Posted by Ange at 8:59 pm
Thursday, June 21, 2007
Well it's almost been a week since I last blogged and definitely will be by the time I finish LOL!
Before I go any further I have to say a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my gorgeous nephew Ethan, who turned 1 today, I can't believe that it has been a year already. My SIL Kirsty took some gorgeous photos of him at dinner tonight and I can't wait to get my hands on them.
Not too much has happened in a week. Saturday I went to Sensational Saturday down at Scraptacular. It was so nice to be out and having a chat with the girls as well as getting a little scrapping done. I only managed to scrap two layouts and I will scan and upload them over the weekend. When I got home on Saturday night I was starting to feel sick and when I woke up on Sunday I was well and truly full of the flu. I spent the next four days slowly dying on the couch and am only now starting to feel like my old self again.
The girls have been great and luckily didn't come down with the flu. Georgia had kinda on Wednesday and finally she is absolutely loving it. No more tears or tantrums and making Mummy feel awful about leaving her. She loves Wednesday's now and I have to ask for a kiss goodbye when I'm leaving LOL. I knew it would happen and am just glad that it didn't take long.
Still loving Big Brother and am hanging for this Sunday Night's Eviction. It is going to be a big one that's for sure and I just hope that Billy doesn't go. I really like Andrew too but I think he is ready to go and wants to see Hayley. Spewing that Jamie got to use the twist and pull himself out, especially after reading the latest article about him in TV Week.
So what's planned for this weekend? We have Ethan's Birthday party on Saturday and that my friends is just about it. Nothing else on. I might try and do a little scrapbooking, if I can find some creative juices, and I definitely need to take some photos of the girls as it seems like ages since I took any.
That's it for me Chickie's. Hope everyone has had a good week and has a great weekend.
Posted by Ange at 10:48 pm
Friday, June 15, 2007
Well it's Friday again and I am counting down the hours (minutes now) until BB Friday Night Games starts. Andrew has gone to work, the girls have had tea and the house is clean. My dinner is sitting in the fridge waiting to be zapped, so I am all organised. I can't believe how utterly addicted I am to Big Brother this year. Andrew and I have even been hooking the laptop up to the TV at night so we can watch live streaming. The only bugger is that streaming only lasts for 20 minutes and then you have to click it again. It's the last thing you want to do once you have gotten comfy on the couch, but being able to watch it on 107cm plasma is so worth it, so Andrew and I have resorted to 'rocking off' every time it needs to be done. I am officially the Rock, Paper, Scissor Queen int his house LOL.
Tomorrow I am heading down to Scraptacular for their Sensational Saturday Crop/5th Birthday Celebrations. Unfortunately I won't be able to get down there until 2pm (babysitting bungle) but at least I still get to spend at least 7 hours scrapping away and as a bonus it also means 7 hours with Wend which is always guaranteed to be fun.
Not much else is planned for the weekend. It looks like Andrew might have to go into work on Sunday so I might just have to find something to do with the girls as not doubt they will be well and truly over Mummy by then.
In other exciting news I am hanging for Kass to get home from her overseas trip. Not that I miss her or anything (LOL) but she has bought me a new lens for my Canon 350D and it is only costing me about $85 AU. How cool is that? Kass sounds like she is having a wonderful time and I really am looking forward to her coming home so I can hear all about it.
That's about it for me today. 25 minutes until the daily show starts so I better get the kids in the bath.
Hope everyone has a good weekend.
Posted by Ange at 5:52 pm