Thursday, July 05, 2007

A SUCCESSFUL SHOPPING ADVENTURE

I had indeed last night. I left home around 11.20pm thinking I would sit in the car for a while and sort my shopping list out...that didn't happen LOL. When I got there there were already about 25 women standing in line so I ended up standing in the freezing cold for about 40 minutes waiting for the doors to open. Everyone in front of me headed for the big items (like swings set etc) and to the audio department for Playstations, Wii's etc so I ended up being the first one to get to the toy department. It wasn't as crazy as I thought it would be but I still headed to the cars isle first so I could get my hands on Lightning McQueen and friends before they ran out the door. I then managed to fill my trolley to the brim with a huge wooden doll house, anything to do with the Littlest Pet Shop and the new Barbie Fairytopia Rainbow, Fisher Price stuff for my nephew, Mr Potato Head and family, a baby doll and heaps of accessories as well as a heap of playdoh stuff...PHEW! Then I headed for the Layby queue and was told by a staff member that it would be about a 2-3 hour wait...BUGGER! Then I remembered that when I first walked in they made an announcement that if you had a layby card you could out it through at one of the registers. When I get over there they are empty...no one around...COOL! So I unload my trolley and set about getting my card out as the cashier is scanning my items only to discover that I can't find my card...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! The lively cashier told me not to worry as she would just issue me a new one! YIPPEE! All my shopping done and I am home but 1.10am! Very successful indeed!
That's it for me today. I must remember to take some pics of all my little felt creations that I have been making over the last week. Off to do some scrapping now!

Oh and thanks to everyone who has called, emailed or left comments about the girls. They are both doing much better and it looks like we will have a more enjoyable second week of school holidays.

No comments: